I found this interesting topic in one of my magazine collection where the author has described some tips for travel safety. I thought this would be a perfect post for this travel blog of mine and would help my readers out there.
Some tips to give students/youths when traveling:
- When off a coach bus, know how to contact the driver in case of emergency.
- If you wear contact lenses, bring glasses for the airplane. The recycled air can dry out your eyes and make you uncomfortable.
- In a hotel, refuse any unexpected deliveries to your room.
- Never enter a room if it is unlocked or if you are alone and someone is following you before entering.
- Keep any medication near your toothbrush as a reminder to take it when you brush.
- While touring, use only authorized agents when exchanging money to avoid violating local news.
- Keep a small amount of money in your pocket to pay for small purchases so you don’t have to open your wallet in a busy place.
- Travel with a partner at all times and don’t stray from the group on your own.
- Resist the temptation to buy food from street vendors.
- In some countries, you can be detained for photographing such as police and government buildings. If you are in doubt, ask permission before taking photographs.